were out there doing the same thing | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
jerseys
jerseys Mar 18
Wheelchair racer Tatyana McFadden has been dominating -- yet again -- this year. Paddy Driscoll Jersey . She has won the London, Boston and Chicago marathons and looks to finish off the racing season this Sunday by defending her title in New York for the fourth consecutive year.McFadden is also on track to complete a fourth straight Grand Slam of major marathons, which will go nicely with her six medals from the Rio Paralympics. As she heads into New York City, McFadden shared the three things that help prepare her for every race. Not surprisingly, Queen Bey is involved in McFaddens massively successful prerace routine:And, if youre looking to copy her whole prerace playlist, here it is: Henry Waechter Jersey . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. Kevin Pierre-Louis Jersey . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. http:///...sey-large-1206t.html . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. RIO DE JANEIRO - What is not to like about Sir Bradley Wiggins? Five Olympic gold medals to his name and three of other colours -- hes just a good, old fashioned ordinary superhero.His British teammates speak of an aura, but also of him being one of the guys, mucking around and joking at least as much as the rest. As he talked to the media after his latest stunning achievement, it was like he was addressing his mates in a pub. ?Wiggins and his British team had just won the team pursuit final for the third successive time, and yet again in a world record time. They had beaten their long-time rivals Australia in a pulsating race that was agonisingly close until the final few hundred metres, and he couldnt have been more relaxed. ?The way he stuck his tongue out on the podium on Friday night might not be to everybodys taste, but that was for his children, Ben and Bella, watching on the TV. To fans in the UK and so many others who like their sports stars grounded and accessible, he is really hard to beat. ?I wanted to go out with this, said 36-year-old Wiggins, who confirmed he was retiring from professional cycling shortly and the track immediately. I wanted it to end like this, not some crappy little race in the north of France in the rain. ? ?It was never about that [becoming Britains greatest, most decorated Olympian] for me. The first people I bumped into when I came off the track were Steve Redgrave and Chris Hoy. Theyre my heroes in Olympic sport. Just to be in the same breath as those guys is an honour. ?It [the race and victory] was more about personally what it meant to me. I take myself [back] to Sydney in 2000 and what that meant to me as a 20-year-old kid wandering around there, watching Steve win his fifth gold and thinking how incredible it was. ?Id come away with a bronze medal and thought thats it. If I have to go to the job centre on Monday morning, I can always say Ive got Olympic bronze. To be here 16 years on, with five gold medals myself, I never imagined that for one minute. Its just something to tell the kids about when theyre older. ?Thank f--- for that, was Wiggins overwhelming feeling at the end of the race, when the rest of the team were celebrating. He was relieved his decision to leave the road and his big Team Sky salary to return to the track two years ago, to tackle his doubters and just be a number again, had worked out so brilliantly. It had become a burden, and it was clear just looking at him that it had lifted. ? ?As a result, Wiggins will enjoy riding the Tour of Britain and the Six-Days race in Ghent. The latter will be his very last competition, a nostalgic ride full of childhood memories of watching his dad race there.Itll be a nice end to my career, back where I was born, back where it started, he said. ? ?But will he take part in those races thinking he is Britains greatest Olympian? Definitely not, he insisted, because Hoy has one more gold. Who counts bronzes and a silver, joked the rider, who has eight Games medals to Hoys seven. ?Wiggins could afford to be generous to his teammates but his tributes to the underrated Ed Clancy and Steven Burke, and the cool approach of Owain Doull, were genuine. ? ?He sat back from them at times as they talked to media in the Velodrome, let them geet their fair share of glory, and the friendly, and relaxed demeanour he adopted was no great surprise. Thomas Jones Jersey. Wiggins has been tetchy with reporters and disagreed with them forcefully over the years, but much of the time it has been part of an honest exchange. ?There have been tensions with other riders, too, notably Chris Froome and Mark Cavendish, although they have seemed like par for the course for stars at the top of their sport.Wiggins wife Cath, to whom he is devoted, has said there is a selfish streak that sometimes surfaces. But in cycling terms, Wiggins has something of a genius about him, and there is often a flipside to brilliant or creative people at the top of their professions. Achieving all he has, after all, has required great dedication and brought great strain before he succeeded in his latest bid for glory. ?Regardless, what people seem to like about him is that he is very much his own man, different to so many platitude-peddling sports stars who take refuge in the sanitised public relations arena that the most popular professional games are played out in. ? ?When the Britons fame at home peaked in 2012, having become the first man to win the Tour and Olympic gold in the same year, he memorably celebrated at the Games in London by sitting on a throne at Hampton Court. That colourful character has seldom been far from view and it has fuelled his popularity, made him stand out. ?The media, in the UK at least, have loved his funny soundbites, the smiles as he delivered a risqué comment -- witness his colourful language in the Rio Velodrome on Friday night -- and the manner which makes people feel like they have been friends with him for years. ?The son of an Australian rider, he has earned the respect of the British teams greatest rivals, the guys who been pushing them so close, and occasionally beating them, over the last few years. ?When youre that confident and you throw it out there and you pull it off, well, congratulations, said Jack Bobridge.?We got beaten tonight by a better country, a better team on the track.?We could go back over and over it but theres nothing else we could have done. We left it all out there. ? ?The respect is mutual, with Wiggins saying: They [the Australians] are the reason we got out of bed in the morning, they motivated us.?They are the reason we have trained so hard over the last two years. ?We never underestimated them for one minute. I said it would take a world record to win an Olympic gold -- they were not going to go out and take silver and it was one of the best finals weve been in. ?Two world-class times in the final after putting in an hour and a half before - I have to congratulate them and thank them. They didnt make it easy for us and every session weve done in Manchester or wherever has been because the Aussies were out there doing the same thing. ? ?Australias team pursuit squad, however highly they regard Wiggins, will probably not be sad to see the back of him after he helped inflict so many Olympic disappointments. ?But the British sporting landscape and the cycling world will be a little less fun without him in the saddle. ' ' '
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo